Skate hire staff
Print –skate hire staff
Main duties and responsibilities
- Giving out skates to customers
- Ensuring that skate racks are maintained to a good standard
- Offer advice on skate size and fitting
- Ensure that the skate hire area is clean and tidy
- To assist customers with lockers
- To have a presence at skating events and be available in the skate hire area for customers
- To advise customers on skating related purchases and equipment
- To ensure that faulty skates are removed from hire
Choose 5 main duties and responsibilities and explain why you think they are an important duty of being skate hire staff. Example: Giving out skates to customers – This is important because most customers who come to the Ice Arena will probably not bring their own skates. If you had to own your own pair then the Arena would not get as many customers. It is important that they are available to hire and that the skate hire staff are able to offer advise on sizes.
- Team working skills
- A good knowledge of skating and skate requirements for different ages and types of customer.
- Be able to work under pressure and at busy times
- Able to work flexible hours
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety
Choose 4 of these skills/qualifications and explain why you think they are important for being Skate hire staff. Example: Able to work under pressure and at busy times – This is important because you would need to work during special events and peak times at the Arena. You would need to deal with a lot of customers at once and be able to stay calm. This is important as you would have 1 to 1 contact with customers and so would need to maintain good customer service skills.
- Team Player
Pick 6 of these qualities and explain why you think they would be important for Skate hire staff. Example: Friendly – I think this would be important because you would have to speak and help a lot of customers. You would have to present the right image to customers about the Ice Arena and be friendly and enthusiastic. You would want customers to return again and so you would not want to be looking miserable and disinterested in your job.
Most important skills and qualities
From the 4 skills/qualifications you chose, pick the 2 which you think are the most important and explain why. Why are they more important than other skills/qualifications you chose?
From the 6 qualities you chose, pick the 3 which you think are the most important and explain why. Why are they more important than the other qualities you chose?