Print – Ice Arena cleaner
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the Ice Arena.
- To use cleaning chemicals and materials correctly
- To use floor and ice polishers
- Ensure that stands and guest seating areas are clean and free from rubbish.
- Ensure that health and safety procedures are followed e.g: Toilet checks.
- Keep the cafeteria area clean
- To ensure that all cleaning tools and equipment are maintained and report any faults.
Choose 5 main duties and responsibilities and explain why you think they are an important duty of being an Ice Arena cleaner. Example – Keep the cafeteria area clean – I think this is important because customers are using the cafeteria and would want it to be clean and tidy. It is also important so that food safety and hygiene guidance is followed. It is important because it would put customers off buying food and drink if the cafeteria was dirty and untidy. It would not create a good impression.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to follow instructions
- To be able to use cleaning equipment safely
- To have a good knowledge of specialist cleaning chemicals and the health and safety about these.
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently
- Be able to work as part of a team
Choose 4 of these skills/qualifications and explain why you think they are important for being an Ice Arena cleaner. Example: Able to follow instructions – I think this is important because each shift you would be given a particular area of the Arena to focus on. As a cleaner you would need to keep to this area and focus on it. This is also important because you would be using cleaning chemicals and equipment and would have to follow the instructions correctly when using them so that they are safe and you are not endangering customers or yourself when using them.
- Team Player
- Hard working
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to accept and follow direction
- Have a sense of humour
Choose 6 of these qualities and explain why you think they are important for being an Ice Arena cleaner. Example: Able to accept and follow direction – I think that this is important because as an Ice Arena cleaner you would be told which areas of the Ice Arena to focus on each shift. You would need to be willing to do jobs and clean areas such as the toilets. You would have to follow instructions and be directed by the manager to clean areas when needed.
Most important skills and qualities
From the 4 skills/qualifications you chose, pick the 2 which you think ate the most important and explain why. Why are they more important than other skills/qualifications you chose?
From the 6 qualities you chose, pick the 3 which you think are the most important and explain why. Why are they more important than the other qualities you chose?