Ice Arena Leisure Manager
Print – leisure manager
Main duties and responsibilities
- Overall management of all Ice Arena staff
- Conducting staff performance management reviews (Looking at how well staff are working)
- Recruiting (interviewing and employing) staff
- Completing reports about the performance of the Ice Arena, how many customers it is getting and how it doing financially.
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Organising and arranging event timetables
- Managing budgets
- Overall responsibility for making sure that health and safety procedures are followed.
Choose 5 main duties and responsibilities and explain why you think they are an important duty of being the Ice Arena Leisure Manager. Example: Conducting staff performance management reviews – I think that this is important because all staff need to be doing what they should be and making sure that everyone who comes to the Ice Arena has a good experience. It is important so that if a cleaner for example is not doing their job properly, they are offered more training or support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Cash management skills
- Customer service skills
- Leadership skills
- Good IT skills
- A degree in business management, business or leisure studies.
Choose 4 of these skills/qualifications and explain why you think they are important for being the Ice Arena Leisure Manager. Example: Good organisational skills – I think that this is important because one of the leisure managers duties is to plan activity timetables. They would need to make sure that activities and events are on at appropriate times and make sure they have enough staff at those times. They would also need organisational skills to delegate tasks to staff so that everything gets done and that customers are not kept waiting at reception for example.
- Firm but fair
- Team player
- Hard working
Choose 6 of these qualities and explain why you think they are important for being the Ice Arena Leisure Manager. Example: Focused – I think that this is important because as the Ice Arena Leisure Manager you would have to think about the big picture and consider a lot of things when making decision. Being focused would mean that you are able to make sure that all aspects of the business such as staffing, budgets and the day to day running of the Ice Arena run smoothly and that everything fits together to make the Arena successful.
Most important skills and qualities
From the 4 skills/qualifications you chose, pick the 2 which you think are the most important and explain why. Why are they more important than other skills/qualifications you chose?
From the 6 qualities you chose, pick the 3 which you think are the most important and explain why. Why are they more important than the other qualities you chose?