Customer service and reputation
1. How do Flamingo Land measure customer service?
Questionnaires are available:
- In welcome packs of visitors who stay in the caravan site to complete at the end of their stay.
- In cafes and restaurants
- In the gift shop as an interactive kiosk
The responses to these questionnaires are collected by the park manager. The responses to these can be viewed here reviews
A number of cards are given out to random visitors on random days. The purpose of these cards is to reward staff for good customer service. A customer can award a card to any staff member who they think has given them good customer service.
Online review sites
Flamingo Land management staff reply to comments made on websites such as Trip Advisor. This way they can see what their customers think but also try to make it better by leaving them a comment if they had a bad visit or encouraging them to visit again if they had a good visit.
2. Are customers satisfied with their experience at Flamingo Land and does it have a good reputation?
Trip advisor is a review site for most attractions, hotels and restaurants in a large number of countries throughout the world. People leave a star rating (Out of 5) and also a comment about their experience. You can read all of Flamingo Lands reviews and ratings here:
Mumsnet is a review and advice website for parents. It has a review section where people can rate and comment on attractions and products in the same way as Trip Advisor. As this is a website for parents, the reviews are likely to be based around family-friendliness and safety. You can read all of Flamingo Lands reviews and ratings here:
UKcampsite is a find and review website for campsites in the UK. As Flamingo Land offers a campsite with caravans and tents as well as the Theme Park and Zoo, this part of its customer service and satisfaction should also be considered. You can read all of Flamingo Lands reviews and ratings here:
Flamingo Lands Facebook page can be found here:
Look at the number of likes and comments etc Flamingo and has received, as well as the sorts of things they are posting on their wall. Try looking for the Facebook account for other Theme Parks and Zoos and compare how popular they are.
Flamingo Lands Twitter page can be found here:
Look at the number of followers and tweets. Try looking for the Twitter account for other Theme Parks and Zoos and compare how popular they are. Take into account the number of tweets they have as this will show you how regularly they post things.
The number and types of awards an attraction has received is a really good indication of how satisfied visitors are and how good a reputation somewhere has. Flamingo Land has received awards for:
- In September 2014 Flamingo Land was voted ‘ Yorkshires most magnificent attraction’. http://www.yorkshireattractions.org
- Flamingo Land has also received a ‘learning outside of the classroom’ award meaning that it offers a really good educational experience for school groups. http://www.flamingoland.co.uk/park/news/1/199.html
- Flamingo Land was included in the ‘Scarborough UK awards 2014’ in the Best Local family attraction category. http://www.scarboroughuk.co.uk/2014/09/scarborough-uk-awards-2014-finalists.html